THE SHELBY DEMOCRAT
February 13, 1879
VOL. 1; No. 37
from the article, SMILING SHELBYVILLE!
G. A. Grassow & Bro.
Came to the city of Shelbyville on the 5th day of June, 1878.
They are formerly of Indianapolis, where they have been actively engaged in business
ever since they were old enough to do anything. This firm has only been in
our city about eight months, but in that time they have succeeded in
building up quite a large trade, which is rapidly on the increase. Their
stock consists of the best of groceries, of all kinds. They make a specialty
of teas, coffees, sugars; spices, etc., in which line they have one of the
largest stocks ever brought to this city. They return their thanks to the
citizens who have so freely patronized them in the past and respectfully ask
a continuance of their favors in the future. To those who have never visited
their store, they extend a special invitation to all if only to see how
nicely they have things arranged, assuring them at all times, of courteous
and gentlemanly treatment. Their place of business is No. 21, Phoenix block,
northwest side of the Public Square.
Next biography in the "Smiling
Shelbyville" newspaper article, Silas
Copied by Jeanne Surber