Samuel Fitz Randolph
Dr. Samuel Randolph was one of the pioneer
physicians and preachers of Jackson township. He located there probably about the year 1829 or 1830, and remained there until about 1855. He was a preacher in the Separate Baptist church, and practiced medicine in the community where he resided. He left Jackson township about 1855 and finally located at Bloomington, where he died. He was the grandfather of Dr. Daniel F. Randolph, who is now located at Waldron. He had a wife and a large family of perhaps ten or twelve children. He claimed to be able to cure the then prevailing malady known as
milk-sickness. He was among the first settlers of Jackson township, and took an active part in everything pertaining to its welfare.
Chadwick's History of Shelby County, copied by Melinda Moore Weaver.