The  Shelbyville  Republican
Wednesday, January 17, 1912
          A fire in Union township, early yesterday morning might have destroyed the home of  A. L. Spohn, had it not been for  Miss Dessie Spohn, a sister of the owner of the dwelling.  At the time Mr. Spohn was in the barn feeding the stock and Miss Spohn discovered the fire and sounded the alarm, brining the neighbors to the home and they soon had the blaze, which damaged the building to the [the article continues].
Contributed by Phyllis Miller Fleming

Newspaper Index         Main Page