An Anderson Newspaper
The death of
occurred at Indianapolis, Saturday, October, 19, at the residence of her daughter, Mrs. W. C. Irick.
The deceased was born in Butler county, Ohio, on December 15, 1815, where she resided until 1832, when, with her family she moved to Shelby county, Indiana.
Two years later she was united in marriage to Daniel Keely, one of Anderson's most hightly respected and oldest citizens who died on January 5, 1892.
Mrs. Keely was known to everyone as Aunt Lizzie and was loved and respected by all. Since the death of her husband she was made her home alternately with her two daughters, Mrs. James Kenroy, of this city,
and Mrs. William Irick, of Indianapolis. Twelve children were born to Mr. and Mrs. Kelly, eight of whom are living and well known in this city.
Aside from the two daughters, six sons, Isaac, George, Daniel, John, Robert and Ira are left to mourn her loss.
The deceased was a staunch Methodist and during her active life was an untiring worker in the church. Mrs. Keely with her husband came to Anderson in 1869, and occupied the property now owned by George Forrey
on West Eighth street, afterwards building the brick house owned by James Keely on West Sixth street. No one among all the old pioneers of the city, enjoyed more popularity and a greater circle of friends than did Mrs. Keely.
The remains were brought here on the noon train today and taken to the home of Mr. and Mrs. James Kenroy, at 404 West Fifth street, from whose residence the funeral will occur tomorrow afternnon at 2 o'clock, the Rev. Bennett, of the First M.E. church
officiating. The remains will be interred in the Anderson cemetery.
Madison County, Indiana
October 21, 1902
Mrs. Elizabeth Keely
Contributed by Phyllis Miller Fleming
Elizabeth Talkington married Daniel Keely
February 20, 1834
Shelby County, Indiana
Book 3, Page 18