The Shelby Democrat
February 13, 1879
VOL. 1; No. 37
from the article, SMILING
Is located on South Harrison street opposite Dick Flaitz's butcher shop.
Hegner commenced learning his trade in the fall of 1873 with Henry
in whose employ he remained for two and a half years. He then went to
Cincinnati, where he worked for quite a while, when he returned to
Shelbyville and started the manufacture of cigars at his home. After two
years time he rented the room he now occupies, and launched out on a larger
scale. He manufactures and deals in fine Havana and seed cigars, and all
kinds of smoking and chewing tobacco. His make of cigars are especially
good, and all persons wanting a good smoke for five cents should give him a
Next biography in the "Smiling
Shelbyville" newspaper article, Wiener.
Contributed by Jeanne Surber