The Shelby Democrat
February 13, 1879
VOL. 1; No. 37
from the article, SMILING SHELBYVILLE!
J. F. Maddox, M.D.
The Doctor was born in Preble county, Ohio on the 26th day of November,
1845. He came to this State at an early age. He first located in Huntington
county, where he studied his profession. He moved from there to the State of
Michigan, where he remained one year, practicing with Dr. Ed. D. Gregg.
there he came to Shelby county, where he has been ever since. He located at
St. John's Switch in the year 1870, and in the spring of the year following,
he moved to the "Cave," on Flat Rock. He came to the city of Shelbyville on
the 7th of November last. The Doctor is a graduate of the Eclectic Medical
College of Cincinnati, Ohio. During his residence at the "Cave," he
succeeded in building up a very large practice, and since his location in
this city, he has retained the same.
Next biography in the "Smiling
Shelbyville" newspaper article, G. A. Grasson & Bro.
Copied by Jeanne Surber