I Catherine [spelling changes to C] Hoyt of the County of Shelby and State of Indiana make and publish this my last Will and Testament, revoking all former Wills made by me.
1. I will to Mrs. Jesse Morgan the sum of $50.00 for her kindness to me during sickness.
2. I will and bequeath to Rev. A. Kaelesi pastor of St. Joseph Catholic Church the sum of ($100.00) One Hundred Dollars.
3. I will and bequeath to Gertrude Hekinesia and John Patton children of Mary Patton deceased the sum of $100.00 each.
4. All the residue of my property real and personal I will devise and bequeath to Mary Viach with whom I am now living.
5. I have made no provisions in this Will for my brothers Richard Merrick and Patrick Merrick for the reason I have heretofore given to my brother Richard Merrick in Money and property the sum aggregating $4,000.00 and to my brother Patrick Merrick I have heretofore given him money and property aggregating $5000.00 and besides neither of them have treated me with any respect or consideration or done anything for me.
6. I direct that D.B.Wilson and son shall at my death burry me in a manner according to my verbal direction to them.
7. I hereby nominate and appoint David B. Wilson Executor of this Will and in case of his death before my decease I nominate and appoint Thomas D. Wilson as Executor of this Will
8. I direct that my Executor shall employ Hand and Adams as his attorneys to represent my Estate and see that the provision of this Will are carried out. Dated this January 9th 1912.
Jas. H. Gatewood
Recorded Book 6 pages 349-351
June 21, 1913
Transcribed by Wanda
Will Index Main Page